28 June 2010

Siesta

Opening hours today: 8.30am - 1.30pm and 5pm - 9pm.

On a fabulous sunny day like today I decided that trying a Siesta was a good idea - I wonder if these mediterranean folks have something...so I started work early and then at 1.30pm I lit a very rudementary barbeque of charcol in tin foil, balanced it precariously on a stone wall, and cooked organic free range chicken breast marinated in a lemon, olive oil, garlic, fresh marjoram, rosemary and thyme marinade (which I prepared earlier in my very heavy duty granite pestle and mortar! My favourite kitchen tool:)) I prepared a lemon juice and olive oil dressing for it and the salad and Vanessa boiled some fantastic jersey royals, lightly coated with olive oil and fresh mint. An Italian Pinot Grigio made for a near heavenly experience:)

So now off for a leisurley walk to to the post office taking in the views of the valley and Blagdon lake, and I think a quick nap before focused work time :)

More on siesta's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siesta

2 comments:

  1. I have been getting up early, but that was because I was camping. But no chance for a siesta. Will try that one out tomorrow, I like the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What colour was the chicken when it got away from the barbie?

    Sounds great, as long as the post office is down hill (:->)

    ReplyDelete