29 December 2008

Day 1 - getting started to run a marathon

Me and Frank (and maybe Andrew and Andy - they need to confirm) are doing the London marathon in 16 months' time from a standing start i.e. I can't even run to the mail box! We'd like to do it provided we can be successful in the ballot (there are alternatives). As a half way mark, I'd like to be ready for the Bristol Half which is Sunday 6th Sept. 2009 - 252 day's time.

I currently weigh 12 st 10lbs; waist is 40" and 43" around stomach! That was a surprise! Trousers are 36" - I must have got used to them being tight and ill-fitting. I wonder what I'll be in a year's time? Starting my training today: first, I need to be able to run for 30 minutes without too much trouble so that I am then ready to start the beginners marathon training with an 8 week lead in. I am starting an 8 weeks program to be able to run 2 miles (30 minutes comfortabley) Day 1: 1 min run, then a 2 min walk x 10. Weather today is cold max 3C, dry, sunny inetrvals.

No comments:

Post a Comment